Here we are today, for a new DIY. Unfortunately, I seam to have lost my camera connector and that means I can’t show you the pics I took…
Never mind, I shall just have to be clear!
You will need:
1. old t-shirt
2. piece of lace or any other material
3. pins and sewing scissors4. sewing machine
5. optional: a dressmaking bust of yourself. this really helps!
This is how it goes:
1. Try on your t-shirt and see if it needs taking in.
note: do not take it in too much, you will be stuck later on!
2. Place your material (here, lace) on the back of the shirt and trace out the piece you would like to replace
note: please please please! keep the lace in it’s full size! do not cut it down yet, you might need more than you think!
3. cut the back of the t-shirt out, along the lines you have traced
4. turn t-shirt inside out and pin the new back to it
note: it is normal that the new back is still very big, seeing as you shouldn’t have cut it yet!
5. try it on! you will now be able to see if you need a bigger piece of material or a smaller one
6. sew the two pieces together
7. try on again! adjust when necessary
8.now, you can cut out the back to the size you want it to be
9. wear with pride!